Lime Rock Drivers Club Internship
Why does LRP want an Internship Program at Lime Rock Park?
- To find highly motivated pre-professionals to help organize, promote, and bring new perspectives to the Lime Rock.
- It’s not slave labor, but mutually beneficial partnerships - Interns will gain valuable field experience in career paths, professional contacts and mentors in an exciting and unique market.
As an unpaid Lime Rock Park Intern, you'll have "behind the scenes access" to all major Lime Rock Park race weekends and enjoy the benefits of working closely with Lime Rock Park managers - including networking opportunities, off-site events, referrals and more.
"I chose to do the internship with the Drivers Club for the pure love of Motorsports. Words cannot describe the incredible experience I had. By the time I was two months into my internship, I felt like I became a part of a family. I don't recall ever experiencing an unhappy moment over the course of my internship, and the reason is because the people associated with this group are so genuine and so caring, that there isn't a place for unhappiness. Members and staff alike will go to no ends to ensure that, no matter what, by the end of the day, you leave with a smile on your face. If you want to be a part of a group or in an environment that nurtures such a strong sense of friendship and sportsmanship, you've come to the right place. The only disappointment I have regarding my internship with the Club is that its now over, but it will go down in my memory as being one of the best things I ever did." Joseph A. Boruch, 2011 Intern for the The Lime Rock Drivers Club
"I have always had a passion for racing, and from an early age , decided that I wanted to work in the racing industry. In my senior year of college I was required to complete an internship in a career field that I would like to pursue after graduation. I was fortunate to obtain an internship at Lime Rock Park for The Drivers Club. I didn’t really know what to expect when I first started or what type of duties I would be given, but I have to say it was one of the best learning experience of my life. The internship allowed me to expand my knowledge on what I learned in school and apply it in the real world, such as sales, marketing, sponsorship, advertisement and hospitality. With the guidance I received form the staff, I was also able to help develop The Drivers Club website, work the sales booth and help in obtaining partnerships and sponsorships. I contribute all my success to the knowledge and support I found while interning for The Drivers Club at Lime Rock Park. I would highly recommend this internship to any student that would like to pursue a career in the motor-sport industry." Jeff Lail, 2010 Intern for The Lime Rock Drivers Club
"There is no place better than the Driver's Club at Lime Rock to develop an overall appreciation and understanding of both track and business functions. Being an Intern at Lime Rock not only offered me the first hand exposure I was looking for in a unique business that I loved, but also allowed me to pursue my passion for racing, leaving me with great on and off track experiences, thrills, memories and friendships that will remain with me long after the racing season ends." - Mike Briskie, 2009 Intern for The Lime Rock Drivers Club
Driver Club Intership Responsibilities
- Coordinates pit lane under the supervision of Club Director
- Assists "race control" steward while organizing Club Member use of club-provided race cars
- Assists Club Members as needed
- Assist Club Director at off-site sales and marketing booths
·Qualifications for internship:
- Must be 18 or older
- Must be organized, able to take direction, as well as work independently
- Must be extremely reliable and professional
- Having an interest in sports is preferred, but not necessary
- Flexibility and able to work long hours during the four major race weekends